An important new paper by Dr. Per Anders Rudling of Lund University, Sweden, has appeared in the new volume, Analysing Fascist Discourse: European Fascism in Talk and Text. The collective volume brought out by Routledge (New York & London) is edited by Ruth Wodak and John E. Richardson.
Dr. Rudling’s paper, entitled “The Return of the Ukrainian Far Right: The Case of VO Svoboda” comprises the sections:
- Memories of a Violent Twentieth Century
- Imported Heroism — Rediscovered Heroes
- National Essentialization and Othering
- Ultra-Nationalist Enjoyment
- “Social-Naionalism” and VO Svoboda
- Anti-Jewish, Anti-Polish Attitudes
- International Contacts
- Swoboda and the “Autonomous Nationalists”
- The Demise of Nasha Ukraina and the Rise of Svoboda
and provides numerous images, some shocking, in addition to copious notes and bibliography sections.
The paper may be read at: